PRINCETON, NJ — After being cooped up inside for the past three months Princeton residents may be itching to get outside. Shopping and dining will look a little different than in the past. Here is what you can expect:
Gov. Phil Murphy slowly began to ease coronavirus restrictions and started opening up the economy with outdoor dining on June 15. He most recently announced indoor malls can reopen on Monday and indoor dining can also reopen on July 2.
“From a municipal standpoint we are leaving up to the businesses if they want to open up their inside,” said Michelle Pirone Lambros, Princeton Committeewoman and Princeton Merchants Association Liaison. “A lot of restaurants have already opened their outdoor seating and are following the same guidelines by wearing masks.”
New Jersey Coronavirus Updates: Don’t miss local and statewide announcements about novel coronavirus precautions. Sign up for Patch alerts and daily newsletters.
The Quaker Bridge Mall has not said whether it will reopen on Monday following Murphy’s announcement. Nearby, Bridgewater Commons mall, on Commons Way in Bridgewater, will reopen Monday while following the state’s guidelines for restarting amid the coronavirus, a spokeswoman with the mall announced. It will be open Monday through Saturday, 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Sunday, 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. The mall will issue specific social distancing guidelines in the coming days.
Some of the state’s guidelines for malls include: Mall employees and customers must wear face coverings while on the premises; Valet parking, vending machines, stroller rentals, and any type of communal play area will be closed; All areas with communal seating shall be removed or cordoned off. Read More: Bridgewater Commons To Reopen Monday With Social Distancing Rules
Restaurants will also be able to offer indoor dining for its customers on July 2. The state will release full guidelines for indoor dining in the next few days.
Agricola is currently open for curbside pickup and outdoor dining and will open for indoor dining on July 2, with limited capacity (25 percent as mandated by the state).
Roots Ocean Prime is slated to open the week of July 6 for both lunch and dinner.
“We’ve taken a number of steps to ensure the safety and well-being of both our employees and our guests… In addition, all employees have become ServSafe-certified in COVID-19 precautions and all are following the CDC-recommended guidelines for staying safe during the pandemic,” said Rebecca Budd, spokeswoman for the Harvest Restaurant Group. “Our mission at Harvest is to offer people a place to experience enjoyment, while taking important measures to maintain a safe workplace by engaging in continuous cleaning and sanitation practices and clear and constant communication with our staff.”
Not all restaurants are sure if they will open up their inside seating just yet. Winberies, at One Palmer Square, said “we will remain closed as the 25 percent capacity limits are not a business model that we are prepared to operate in. We will await the State of NJ to increase limits before we considering reopening.”
For those that may still uncomfortable heading indoor for dining, here is a list of restaurants in and around Princeton that offer outdoor dining, takeout and delivery, according to princetoncovid.org:
- Agricola — Curbside pickup, outdoor seating. 609-921-2798
- Alchemist and Barrister — Takeout and delivery; daily, noon to 7 p.m. (Delivery times may vary.) Call 609-924-5555 to order. Updates here.
- Arlee’s Raw Blends —Open with a limited menu. Pre-order online or use our new mobile app for curbside pick up.weekdays, 11 a.m. to 4 pm.; Saturday, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. 609-580-1899.
- The Bagel Nook — Takeout and delivery. Updates here.
- The Bent Spoon — Accepting orders on website after 4 p.m. daily for next day pickup 1-5 p.m. Closed Tuesdays. 609-924-2368. Updates here.
- Blue Bears Restaurant — Takeout only. Orders can be placed online or by phone, 609-454-3049. Updates here.
- Blue Point Grill — Curbside pickup; daily, 4-7:30 p.m. Call in order day before. 609-921-1211.
- Chennai Chimney — Takeout and delivery via DoorDash; Tuesday-Sunday, 4-9 p.m. 609-608-0104.
- Chopt — Takeout and delivery. Order online or through Chop app or DoorDash. Monday-Saturday, 10:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. 609-356-0035. Updates here.
- Chuck’s Spring Street Cafe — Curbside pickup. 609-921-0027
- Conte’s Pizza and Bar — Takeout and delivery via DoorDash and Grubhub. Weekdays, 11:30 a.m. to 8 p.m.; weekends, 4-8 p.m. Updates here.
- Efes Mediterranean Grill — Takeout, delivery and catering via GrubHub, EatStreet, EZCater. Daily, 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. Call to order, 609-236-2382.
- Elements — Curbside pickup. 609-924-0078
- Elite Five Sushi & Grill — Daily, 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. Contact-free pickup or delivery via DoorDash or UberEats. Call 609-252-0698. Updates here.
- Fridge to Table Meal Service — Fresh and healthful meals prepared and delivered to homes. Weekly ordering available. Email for more information.
- Frutta Bowls — Takeout and delivery via Frutta Bowls App, DoorDash and GrubHub. Call 609-212-2188.
- Halo Pub/Halo Fete — Takeout (order in store); Daily 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. 609-921-1710.
- Hoagie Haven — Takeout only. Weekdays, 8:30 a.m. to “late.” (Saturday and Sunday 9 a.m.) Updates here.
- Jammin’ Crepes — Takeout, curbside pickup, delivery via Door Dash; Tuesday-Sunday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Call 609-924-5387. Updates here.
- Jules Pizza — Pizza available for pickup and delivery via GrubHub and Seamless; daily, 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. (Sunday, 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.) 609-759-0082. Updates here.
- Kilwins — Takeout and curbside pickup; daily, 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. 609-285-5885.
- Kristine’s — Curbside pickup. 609 924 3339
- Lil Thai Pin — Takeout or delivery via DoorDash or GrubHub; daily, 11:30 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. (till 10 Friday and Saturday. 609-279-9000
- LiLLiPiES — Walk-up ordering, phone ordering and online ordering (1 day in advance) is available. Tuesdays-Sundays, 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Outdoor tables are also available. 609-423-2100
- Lucy’s Kitchen & Market — Next-day curbside pickup. (609) 924-3623
- Mamoun’s Falafel — Curbside pickup or delivery via DoorDash, GrubHub, Postmates, Seamless, UberEats; daily, 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. 609-454-5936
- Mistral — Outdoor dining, curbside pickup. 609-688-8808
- The Meeting House —Tuesday-Sunday, 11:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. 609-436-7891 Updates here.
- Mezzaluna — Curbside pickup of online orders. 609-688-8515
- Milk & Cookies — Order by app for same day takeout/delivery (a la carte available), order online for next day takeout/delivery at 3-4 p.m. (orders by the dozens only); Monday and Wednesday, noon to 8 p.m., Thursday and Friday, noon to 10 p.m., Saturday, 10a.m. to 10 p.m, Sunday, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. 603-266-5437. Updates here.
- Nassau Sushi — Curbside pickup and delivery via GrubHub and DoorDash. 609-497-3275
- Nino’s Pizza Star — Takeout and delivery; daily, 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. 609-921-7422. Updates here.
- Nomad Pizza — Online ordering; curbside pickup; daily, noon to 8 p.m. Updates here.
- Olives — Curbside pickup, delivery, weekdays, 9 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.; Saturday, 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. 609-921-1569
- PJ’s Pancake House — Takeout, curbside delivery; weekdays, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.; Saturday and Sunday, 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.; 609-924-1353. Updates here.
- Pizza Den — Takeout, delivery, online ordering; Monday-Saturday, 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. 609-683-8900. Updates here.
- Playa Bowls — Takeout, delivery via Caviar, DoorDash, GrubHub, Postmates, UberEats; order online; daily, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. 609-252-9100. Updates here.
- Princeton Pi — Takeout, delivery via Grub; order online or by phone; daily, 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. 609-924-5515. Updates here.
- Princeton Soup and Sandwich — Takeout and delivery; order online via DoorDash; 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily. 609-497-0008. Updates here.
- Ramen Stop — Takeout and delivery via DoorDash, GrubHub and UberEats; daily, noon to 8 p.m. 609-287-2979. Updates here.
- Roots Ocean Prime — Takeout only; Wednesday-Sunday, noon to 7 p.m. 908-273-0027. Updates here.
- Sakrid Coffee Roasters — Window pickup of online orders; daily, 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. 609-516-2444. Updates here.
- Say Cheez Cafe — Outdoor seating. Takeout and delivery via DoorDash, GrubHub, EZcater; Monday-Thursday, 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.; Friday-Saturday, 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.; Sunday, 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. 609-924-2454. Updates here.
- Shanghai Park — Takeout only. Delivery through DoorDash. 609-924-8001
- Small Bites by Local Greek — Daily, 10 a.m. to 8pm for curbside pickup and delivery through DoorDash and Grubhub. Entree menu from sister restaurant Local Greek.
- Small World Coffee — Nassau and Witherspoon Cafes open Monday-Saturday, 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Sunday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Nassau: coffee or grill order online at pickup.smallworldcoffee.com and come at your pickup time. Witherspoon: walk in for coffee and pastries. (Max 4 customers in line, one person from each group, and card payment only for the time being.) Thank you for wearing your mask and respecting social distancing guidelines. 609-924-4377 ext. 3
- Terra Momo Box to Table — $85 per box, prix fixe, changes, family-style. Curbside pickup.
- Thomas Sweet — Ice cream and chocolate orders accepted 3-6 p.m. by email or phone. Curbside pickup at 183 Nassau Street location.
- Tiger Noodles — Chinese food pickup and delivery.
- Trattoria Procaccini — Curbside pickup,Tuesday-Sunday, 11:30 a.m. to 8 p.m., 609-683-9700
- Triumph Brewing Co. — Takeout, food and beer, daily.
- Tortuga’s Mexican Village — Takeout.
- Witherspoon Grill — Curbside pickup, dining in Hinds Plaza. Lunch and dinner. 609-924-6011
Experienced Marketing Manager with a demonstrated history of working on strategic planning, design and creation, social media, sales, market research and B2B marketing.